ANTI-RACIST TO THE BONE
DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
On June 10, 2020, I (Ashley Stinson, representing Ashley Stinson, LLC) took part in a Reimagining Small Business Town hall, created by Rachel Rodgers. This was not the beginning of my anti-racism education, but it was the first time I had put diversity, equity, and inclusion at the forefront of my business, and not as a secondary piece of the equation.
I signed an anti-racist small business pledge, and committed to meeting and exceeding the agreements put forth therein (you can find and sign the pledge for yourself at https://helloseven.co/townhall-2/).
Ashley Stinson (Including ASHLEY STINSON, LLC, SKELEMENTARY SCHOOL, and ENERGY ARCHAEOLOGY™) is committed to diversity, equity, inclusion, and anti-racism both personally and professionally. As a healer and an energy worker, I understand deeply that the world we are birthing will take all of us, and it is essential that we dismantle white supremacist capitalist patriarchy in order to do so. I recognize that this will not look the same for each person or each business, but the following is my promise to you:
1. I will continue to name white supremacy and the impact of racism in both the energetic realm and the three-dimensional realm. I do not believe in spiritually bypassing this work, and no, naming it or drawing attention to it will not increase its power.
2. I will continue to engage in anti-racist education for myself and any team that I may hire in the future. Due to the size and scale of my business and operating budget, this currently looks like:
- Reading books written by black authors and anti-racism educators.
- Working on my implicit and unconscious biases through Leesa Renee Hall’s Inner Field Trip Patreon (you can find it here:https://www.patreon.com/leesareneehall/posts).
- Understanding and dismantling the ways I am perpetuating colonization as a white person within my personal life and business with Kelly Germaine and Kelly Elizabeth (https://www.energeticjustice.com/)
3. I commit to allow uncomfortable conversations both in discussions with myself and in the spaces that I moderate, including on my Instagram comments and Facebook group. This currently looks like:
- Writing and implementing a diversity and inclusion rider for podcasts, panels, and events where I am asked to speak.
4. I commit to invest a portion of my monthly company budget to the Black community. Previously this has looked like tithing 10% of my income (gross income, not just profit), but I’m being called to shift this model from one of passive donation to active support. This currently looks like:
- Hiring Black, Indigenous, People of color sub-contractors and professionals. Both my accountant and my lawyer are black women.
- Offering sliding-scale rates for Energy Archaeology sessions for BIPOC and LGBTQ+
- Hiring a focus group that consists of BIPOC, LGBTQ+, and disabled voices for the Energy Archaeology oracle and guidebook.
This is a sincere, long-term commitment to becoming a diverse, equitable, inclusive, and anti-racist business.
Changes and Updates to this Policy
Please revisit this page periodically to stay aware of any changes to this diversity, equity and inclusion pledge, which I may update from time to time. If I modify this pledge, I will make it available here, and indicate the date of the latest revision.
Current version: June 16, 2020.
TO CONTACT ME